Oct 09 2018
The importance of aligning medical care with the social determinants of health cannot be understated when it comes to managing the care for uninsured and under-insured patient populations. New evidence-based and innovative care models that go beyond the scope of typical social determinants of health platforms are essential to value-based care.
Heudia’s platform – AccessMeCare – allows hospitals to extend their medical perimeter and proactively engage community stakeholders with greater ease and effectiveness.
The characteristic challenges that face our Healthcare partners include:
- High uncompensated/charity care costs associated with one or more patient sub-populations.
- High avoidable readmission rates.
- Overcrowded Emergency Department (frequently due to high weekend mental/behavioral health case load).
- Overworked or understaffed case management and discharge planning operations.
- Underutilized primary-care service line.
- Difficultly responding effectively to community health needs and challenges.